Monday, August 5, 2013

Review: Victoria’s Secret "Backstage, Bombshell!" Makeup Kit

Hello there!

      Today, I want to share with you my 1st Victoria's Secret Makeup Product! My mom and I have always been two of the biggest fangirls of VS's perfumes and body lotions. However, we never actually owned any product from their lingerie line (too expensive O.O) and makeup line (I only discovered that they have one a few years ago).

      Well a month before my graduation, a friend of my mom gave me this all-in-one Victoria’s Secret "Backstage, Bombshell!" Makeup Kit as a graduation gift! (I will forever thank that friend! :D) which I'm very excited to show you guys :)


 Victoria’s Secret "Backstage, Bombshell!" Makeup Kit


 Victoria’s Secret "Backstage, Bombshell!" Makeup Kit
The Bombshell Make-up kit has the following components:
  • A (huge) vanity mirror

  • mascara, 1 lip liner, a couple of lip brushes, a couple of eye applicators, a mini face brush, 1 black eyeliner
(this one is also not my pic, I can't find these in my makeup cabinet T.T; CTO)

  • A translucent powder, Luminous powder, 4 blushes, 30 eyeshadows (shimmery, a few matte) & 5 lip gloss shades, 5 lipstick shades
(now my own photos xD)
  • my eyeshadow swatches

  • my lip gloss & lipstick swatches

yays: what can I say? all in one product! | very classy black & sturdy packaging | i super love the huge vanity mirror | there are different eyeshadow colors to choose from (you can create different looks) | good color payoffs (pigmented) & easy to work with | all except the brushes smell amazing! | still intact after 4 months | travel friendly kit | affordable for $30.

nays: the eyeshadows tend to have a lot of fall outs because of the shimmers & glitters | you really need a good primer with the eyeshadows, they didn't last long w/o a base or eye primer | the lipsticks & lip gloss give a bit of sticky feel | pricey to some people (including me haha) | not locally available.

some looks I created (tried my best haha) using Victoria’s Secret "Backstage, Bombshell!" Makeup Kit ... ^.^

Elf eyeshadow primer
Avon blue eyeliner as base
VS blue eyeshadows from column #3
VS white eyeshadow from 
column #4 as highlightVS black eyeliner for upper waterline
VS black mascara
Elf eyeshadow primer
VS black eyeliner as base
VS green eyeshadows from column #5
VS white eyeshadow from column #4 as highlightVS black eyeliner for upper & lower waterline
VS black mascara

Elf eyeshadow primer
Ever Bilena eyeshadow pot? in Amber as base
VS neutral eyeshadows from column #6
VS white eyeshadow from column #4 as highlight
VS black eyeliner for upper & lower waterline
VS black mascara
I also used the bronzer  in the kit:)

Elf eyeshadow primer
VS purple eyeshadows from column #1 & #2
VS white eyeshadow from column #4 as highlight
VS black eyeliner for upper & lower waterline
VS black mascara
      I just really wish Victoria's Secret improve the lasting quality of their eyeshadows. But overall,  I really like this makeup kit,  great for beginners like me :) I mean the eyeshadows, gloss, and cheek products are easy to work with and inexpensive. $30 (around Php 1,200.00)? I say, great price for 30 pigmented eyeshadows, blushes, lipsticks and bronzer! plus c'mon this is a GIFT! and I'm very very thankful for it :)


GOOD DAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment